Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Fantastic Saturday

So yesterday, I was expecting to get together with some friends and watch some fantasy movies. Little did I know that I'd be taking part in a fantastic adventure all my own.

I probably should have known something was up when I approached the door to my friends' house, only to be greeted by some weird old man who wouldn't let me in. I had to take him down with my mad kung fu skills in order to get past him and proceed into the house. But when I got to the door, I could hear screaming inside. So I opened the door, and I was engulfed by green smoke.

I was wondering what was going on, and then I saw. One of my friends, Maggie, was celebrating her birthday. And while lighting the candles on her cake, she had somehow caught her hair on fire. How this resulted in the fire's smoke being green, I'll never know, but there was no time to ponder on that now. I had to get that fire put out.

I was frantically looking around for something, when I saw it. A bottle of Dr. Pepper was sitting between Caroline and Cynthia, who were busy trying to pat the fire out themselves. I grabbed this bottle, hoping to just pour some on the fire and maybe put it out. However, the thing exploded on me, and Dr. Pepper started shooting everywhere.

I did manage to put out the fire, but I also got all of my friends soaked and sticky. And worse yet, I ruined the birthday cake. Daniel came running down at that point with a towel wrapped around his neck. He asked what had happened, and why there was green smoke all over the place. We filled him in, and I told Maggie that it was okay, and that I was going to make things right. And first things first, we were going to go out and get her another cake.

So Caroline, Cynthia, Daniel, and I went out to the store, while we let Maggie stay back and wash up. We ran into Angela at the store, who was bragging about winning a bunch of ice or something, I don't really know. But in any event, she helped us pick out the perfect cake, one that had a bright shiny star on it.

I was holding the cake as we headed back to the car. Once we stepped outside the store, though, something strange happened. The cake, it disappeared. And in it's place, I now found that I was holding a woman in my arms. Wait... what?!

So the cake-woman explained that she had the power to heal anyone who ate her while she was a cake. Why she was no longer a cake right now, again, I'll never know. But we did know was that this cake was even more perfect that we could have hoped, since eating her would mean that Maggie could recover from the Zuko-like burns that she had suffered. But the thing was, we weren't the only ones looking to take advantage of her healing powers. And that's when we got chased by pirates.

Now, I'd love to go on about how much I helped out in our brawl against those pirates, but one of them turned me into a mouse, so I was pretty much helpless for the time being. My friends took care of business, though, arming themselves with newly purchased eggs and taking the pirates out. Once they took down the one who transformed me, I returned back to normal, but by then, I had missed out on all of the action.

Oh well. So we brought the cake-woman back to the house, and when we stepped inside, she transformed back into an actual cake. We skipped out on the candles this time and went right to cutting the cake. Now, knowing that the cake was a person was a little off putting at first as we ate. But the cake was so damn good that we didn't even give it another thought after one bite. And it turned out that the cake was, in fact, not a lie, as Maggie's scars miraculously healed, and all was well again. Or so we thought.

Rachel, who was stuck at work, was posting online about strange happenings. She was being much more productive than usual. You see, every single thing her bosses told her to do, she did so obediently and without question. But it didn't stop there, as everything anyone else asked her to do, she also obeyed. She was worried about what was happening to her, but we didn't think much of it at first. Probably just the stresses of work getting to her, she'd be fine once her shift was done.

But then apparently somebody told her to film herself singing a rendition of Queen and post the video online. Again, nothing too out of the ordinary, until we clicked on the video and saw for ourselves. Her skin had gotten extremely pale, and she had huge shadows around her eyes. Frankly, she looked like a vampire. So at that point we thought that maybe something weird had happened, so decided to pay her a visit and see if we couldn't remedy the situation.

Our friend JP must have had the same idea after seeing the video himself, as he showed up at the house right at that moment, riding atop his giant flying cat. He told us to hurry up and jump aboard, there was no time to lose. We had to get over to Rachel's job and save her.

So we flew on the back of JP's cat and made it to Rachel's workplace within seconds. But when we got there, it was already too late. Everyone was already turned into a vampire, and somebody ordered Rachel to do the same to us. Literally not one to even be able to argue, Rachel obeyed, turned us all into vampires.

This latest development kinda sucked at first, but we decided to make the best of it. So we all formed a band together, and everyone lived happily ever after. Well, except for the living part, since, you know, we're vampires now.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment