Thursday, August 6, 2026

Metalverse Competition Essay

I'm not going to pretend like I'm thoroughly familiar with the members of the band Metalverse the way I am with Babymetal. I've followed the group's activities with Babymetal, as well as a band independent since the beginning, but I haven't dove deep into their histories with Sakura Gakuin or otherwise. So for me, I know them through Metalverse, and it's truly a pure Metalverse experience.

So when it comes to choosing a favorite member of the band, the most obvious initial response would be Miko, as she has had most of the spotlight shone on her thus far, and just has an absolutely captivating presence to her that really draws you in. However, recently the band has been branching out and putting themselves out there more with a series of TikTok dance videos, which has also given the other two a chance to shine and show off a bit of their personalities as well. And ever since they've been given this new outlet to really introduce themselves to us, I've found myself most drawn to Sakia. She's just such a silly goose, and I really dig the upbeat and playful vibes that she brings to the group.

Moving forward, I of course look forward to the band releasing their first full album, and feel they've put out an incredibly strong library of music already. But really, I'm just incredibly intrigued by what the future holds for this band. Will they have a career trajectory similar to Babymetal's? Will they veer off into an entirely different direction? Whatever route they take, I think the future looks incredibly bright for them, and it's exciting to be along for the journey since the beginning, and I look forward to getting to know each of the members of this group even more along that journey.

As to what song I would like to see officially released next? My response would be Crazy J. In a way the song is already their first big hit, and it’s the song that showed me right from the get-go that these girls were the real deal. I love its swingy jazzy style, and it has a super catchy tune that feels like its taking you on a wild ride. This is a song worth singing along and dancing to, and though we’ve already heard the live version, I can’t wait to hear how the officially released studio track sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment