Friday, July 22, 2011

A Different Take

Okay, personal blog time.

As of 7AM this morning, I have exited the workforce. It's been something I've been planning for a while, trying to figure out how exactly to go about it. I came to the realization that, not only was I not happy at my job, but I wouldn't be happy at any job, because every job that I've been at has been the same thing. I get to a point where I'm so stressed out, whether it's with management, the company, or customers, that I just flat out don't wanna do it anymore.

It's more than unhappy, really, it was downright miserable, and I knew that something wasn't quite right. I was just going in circles, jumping from job to job until I spiraled right back down to that same point of rage and depression. But this last time that it happened, I didn't even bother looking for a replacement job to jump over to, just to have the cycle repeat itself all over again. I decided that it was time for a change in my life, and a fairly major one at that.

In some ways I feel like I've wasted the last six years of my life, though that's not completely true. I've gained a world of knowledge and experience, and I've even gained inspiration for some of my stories I'm working on. So it hasn't all been for naught, and that inspiration is truly going to come in handy now, because that's exactly the rout I intend to take.

As of this moment, I am a full time writer. I am also, for all intents and purposes, unemployed. Though I've saved up enough money to live off of for a while, and I've also been blessed with loving, supporting family who are helping me out as well. But now, without a job to suck all of the energy out of me every single day (or night), I have no more excuses, and no more distractions. It's time to buckle down and get this writing thing going.

I've already got a slew of projects I intend to get started on, with plans that would hopefully help me get my foot in a door somewhere. And in the meantime, I'm still trying to get my completed novel published as well, so we'll see how that goes.

I do have other goals in my career, but for right now, I want to focus on perfecting this craft and making it in this industry before I move on to those other things. It sounds easy enough at first, writing at home all day. This isn't going to be a cakewalk, though, I already know that. But I'm definitely up for the challenge, and I'm super excited for what lies ahead in my future.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your future endeavors! I know you can make it to wherever you want your life to be.

    ReplyDelete