Sunday, June 19, 2011

Thank you, Dad

I actually thought of writing something about my Dad about a week or so ago, but seeing as today is Father's Day, it seems appropriate to get this written up now.

I'm not really sure where to even begin. My Dad is awesome. He's always there for me. And I do mean always. I'm constantly turning to him for his advice, even on the most tedious of issues. And even when I know that he's busy, or he'd rather be doing something else, he always manages to come through for me nonetheless. I value his wisdom, and he's helped set me on the right path several times when I've been wandering around, lost in life.

Of everyone in my family, I'm probably closest with my Dad. I know it's hard for them all to put up with my crap, and it's hard for me, too. But I guess the reason why I'm able to be just a little more comfortable, just a little more myself around him (even if it is just a little), is because more than anyone, he really gets me. There's been more than one occasion growing up where I may have done something stupid, or a little bit controversial, but he didn't blow things out of proportion and make a big deal about it. He knew that I was just being myself. And even though I may be a little bit different, he's accepted me for who I am.

I love my Dad. He's a big man with a big heart, and he goes out of his way to make our family happy. Because at the end of the day, that's what he's always saying, he just wants us to be happy. And I just want the same for him. I honestly couldn't ask for a better Dad. I'm lucky to have him around in my life, and I really don't know what I'd do without him. I don't say it nearly enough, but thank you, Dad. You've been great.

No comments:

Post a Comment